POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are strange : Re: People are strange Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are strange
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Mar 2009 07:27:54
Message: <49b116ca$1@news.povray.org>
>> Nah, I'm sure if you do anything reasonably popular in the Internet you're
>> going to get at least a few people ask you crazy things.
>
> This is very true. Back in '96 there was a local PhD (HAAARKEEER!! *shakes
> fist*) who ripped off of me word for word, entire pages, in an Aquarium
> Frontiers online article regarding foam fractionation. Some people in #reefs
> brought this to my attention, and I was quite amused. I wonder if he knew I
> was 16? And while all information and theory I presented happened to be
> accurate, he *must* have been crazy to not only blatantly plagarize, but to
> rip off of a 16yo. lol! :-D

This is where I mumble something about immitation being the more sincere
form of flattery or something...

As you may know, while I was at uni doing my BSc, I regularly had MSc
students that I'd never met before in my life wander up to me and ask in
broken English whether I could "fix their Java". I have no idea how the
hell they knew my name or my skill with Java...

>> The Internet seems to attract crazy people for some reason...
>
> But...but....*we're* on the internet... o.o

Now, now... The inverse of a statement does not necessarily follow. ;-)
Who said it was a logical biconditional?